Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm a woman of means by no means


This is a blog to let you all know that I am happy.
I have officially had it up to here ( holds her hand high way above her head ) having to explain and defend myself.
Over the last year or soish. I have done some soul searching. I have read books, I have watched movies, read magazines, done yoga, gone on trips, spent time alone and with others, hiked, prayed, laughed and cried. Things have changed. I have changed and some things are just as they were.
I know exactly what it is I want in life.
I don't want to be complacent. I don't want to shrug my shoulders and think 'this'll do'. I don't want to settle with anything.
I want to have passion and I want to experience the High's and the Low's and the sometimes rocky, but well worth the bumps road with the ability to handle it all with grace.
I never have been the girl to chose the easy middle road of anything.
I enjoy the curves, and the bumps, and the divots and the sharp turns in life. Smooth and breezy seems rather dull and boring if you ask me.
I have taken a few other turns, leading me to different roads but somehow.. it always detours me right back to here.
I choose to stay on my un-paved, unknown destination, rocky road. Because I have never laughed harder than there. I have never cried harder than there. And I missed it. And this time I threw the atlas right out of the window. I just want to cruise for awhile. This road has character. Although, sometimes its unpredictable.. It has everything I'll ever need.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I never want to become complacent. I think maybe we all feel this way to an extent... the problem is what to do about it?... I'm still trying to figure that one out ;)

    ReplyDelete