Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pants on Fire.


Lately.
I have been thinking a lot about lies.
And this is what I think about them.
Why? Why? Why? Why? Do we as humans insistently continue to allow fabrications to fly from our mouths like poisonous acidic spit?
It BURNS!!
Every single last one of us is guilty of lying. Sometimes they are little ity bity ones. Sometimes they have no relevance and we don't even know why we said it. Other times, They are gigantic lies where we have to weave our way in and out of people to cover it up and set the stage for our facade to make it seem legit. Too legit to quit. Sometimes we lie to save our ass's or somebody else's ass. Sometimes to make ourselves look better. Sometimes there is no purpose. But in the end.. You always kinda look like a bag of assholes even if you are the only one who is looking.
The thing about lies is. . . They will come out. Its only a matter of time. And when that time comes, more than likely, someone is going to be really hurt.
I'm not sure of anything else that hurts worse than being lied to. It's a weird feeling. It's a mixture of betrayal, what am I an idiot?, Here.. let me help you get that knife deeper into my back, go ahead and kick me square in the crotch, why why why why why emotion. A combo meal of 'sucks real bad'.. if you will.
So why do we do it? Is our intentions initially right in making up our stories we tell? Do we do it to avoid hurting somebody, to avoid confrontation, to get a laugh or to impress a person? Maybe.
But, wouldn't it be so much better if we all could believe in what others said. Have that little thing.. what is it called? O yeah.. trust.
I know, I know, a money tree and jelly bean rain drops would also be fantastic.
I am one of those refuses-to-listen-to-lies-yes-I-told-my-fare-share-but-hates-it-anyways types. I have an inability to listen to them. When I ask a question I am looking to solicit an answer. And a truthful one. When I listen to somebody I hope it's honesty. But, growing up I had to listen to a luau of lies. Which has aided in me becoming a very inquisitive, doubtful detective of sorts. I hate this about myself. Because now, when a person says something there is always a shred of cynicism and wonder.
I'm infamous for stretching the truth in story telling. Spice it up with an insert here and there. I have even told bad lies. And I have hurt some people because of some I have told. I'm sorry for that.
This last week I have experienced lies being told about me. I have watched lies break my best friends heart. I have been hurt by one told to me. And I just wish that we could all try and be a little more honest. I wish some people would grow a back bone. I wish some people would seek an exorcism. And I also wish I had a money tree and some candied rain drops from time to time.
But until then, I'll just try and start with me. And be impeccable with the words I say.
End Rant.

1 comment:

  1. My grammy always said "truth will out." She stole that line from Shakespeare so I'm not sure she should be pointing fingers.

    ReplyDelete