Friday, February 13, 2009

I love.. Goldfish.


I have been in training all week all long for work.
It was a complete waste of time because this exact time last year I was in the exact same training. And for the past 12 months I have had a plethora of experience in doing it.
So I sat in the class room and experienced dejavu for 8 hours straight for 3 whole days. I day dreamed. I doodled. Come to find out I can draw a mean stick figure family. My sticks went boating, got held up by a bad-guy with a stick-gun, had a home by a mountain and the sunshine was smiling down on them, they went driving.. their week was much more exciting than mine. While reading my pepperidge farm Goldfish bag I found out that they are not only made with un-bleached enriched wheat flour but also with smiles.Smiles!! No wonder they are so delicious. I now want nothing more than to visit the pepperidge farm goldfish bakery and witness all these smiling faces baking my favorite snack crackers. I have this image of the keebler elves for some reason but they make cookies not crackers. I would most likely go there and be in for disappointment. They are probably all illegal aliens who are not wearing hair nets and haven't washed their hands in days and no smiles. But, I am going to keep eating my delightful little goldfish and picture little smiling faces singing 'whistle while you work ' and ' a spoon full of sugar' packaging up those little snacks that smile back.
This week I also met up with my dear friend Tawni for lunch in S.L.C. We enjoyed a scrumptious lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. The food was delicious but I kind of want to write a letter to the Corporate owners complaining about their choice in uniforms. They are all white. Which is fine as long as you are a stick figure which, our waitress was not, and I saw every curdle imaginable. And she had spilt marinara sauce on her lower front half.. its just not a pretty picture. Wear Black.. its much more classy.. much more professional and it doesn't make your customers lose the desire to eat.
We then went shopping where I spent WAY too much money on clothes I don't need. But I am going to Justify my frivolous spending on the fact that I don't have a valentine. Therefore, I am my own valentine and I spoiled the hell right out of myself.
Ps.. I Hate valentines day!.. Now, I know you probably are thinking' Yeah, every single girl does' But I really hate it. I hate it when I am with somebody and I especially hate it when I am not. I want to go to the grocery store, find the fire extinguisher and spray every hallmark cheesy ' I love you' card on the shelf. Blow the cutesy little teddy bears that hum love tunes to high heavens and spray all the petals off all the flowers in the entire floral department and soak all the boxed chocolates and little 'i love you' treats. Laugh and waltz out singing " Shot through the heart and your to blame..baby, you gave love a bad name" at the top of my lungs.
Stupid no good waste of a day where you spend upwards of $50.00 on cards that go in the garbage, and fancy-smancy meals and candy you are going to shit out anyway.
Stupid.
I refuse to acknowledge it is here. I am going out like any other day with my best friend and I am going to treat myself to kamikaze es and beer in one of my pretty new outfits.
Screw cupid. Stupid fairy anyway..

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm wondering if you made stick figure goldfish. How exactly would they look? Like flounder, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie's humble opinion... Celebrate Valentines day in bed doin the dirty if you are going to celebrate it at all. Cards? Flowers? Chocolate? Sounds like something you give to a fat person in the hospital, not your better half. Stupid holiday. I am glad you splurged though. You deserve it!

    P.S. Pepperidge Farms is the happiest place on Earth! Milano cookies as far as the eye can see! Who wouldn't be smiling? Yes this is where I would have inserted the picture of Mayor Coleman at the Pepperidge Farms factory smiling from ear to ear but apparently blogspot does not allow that. Joke ruined!!!! Stupid google and you're stupid G1...

    ReplyDelete