Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ummm Yemen!


Today is one of those days where I am seriously contemplating taking out what little money I have, hopping in my car, driving to the airport and flying far far far far far away. Try my luck as a nomad.
Why you ask?
Well it could be that it was pointed out to me today that I tend to move around alot in my Jobs. Looking at my resume I realised that this woman was right.. I am good for about a year or two and then I am gone. Is this coincidence? Or am I a drifter?
Do I bore easy? Why, Yes. Yes I do!

When asked why I don't stay at a job for a long period of time I answered by explaining the better job offers, my stupid.. yet strong desire to be a cop, reality hitting me square in the gut that the cop idea wasn't the best, And the place I am at now, just wanting to have a job in which I feel accomplished in, A job I do and do well, decent money and some benefits, be kept busy, go home and do it again tomorrow.
Hey.. Life happened!
But what if.. what if I am only good at anything for a year or two.
It's a definite possibility

Example 1. Jobs
Example 2. Relationships
Example 3. My Hair
Example 4. My wardrobe ( Every new season I need all new clothing.. its as if last spring I walked about naked)
Example 5. Food, Soda, hobbies etc.. ( I grow tired of things.. I use to eat chewy fruit granola bars every single morning and now, if I saw one I may vomit. And when I was little I would do gymnastics and in no time I wanted to be a ballerina and then no, the Karate kid seemed more fitting)

I am doomed! Doomed I tell ya.

Now even my fall back plan of becoming the crazy old cat lady, drinking moon shine alone on her porch, playing checkers by herself, and vacuuming her lawn won't work. I'll grow tired of my 56 felines and want a pot bellied pig named Lola and a goat named Bosifus and I'll get bored of checkers and want to play uno. And then I'll buy a leaf blower and drink Gin.

Destination: Yemen??.. I look decent with a towel on my head.. And I like rice. Then, when I grow tired of Yemen.. Rome.. then Thailand.. maybe Bermuda.. maybe Ireland, Irish accents are hot and I like beer. . .

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs! You aren't the only one that gets sick of things and needs something new.. so dont fret! Just get that job and then you will realize.. "wow this is a great job, and pays well! Maybe Ill stay here forever!" ok.. prob not.. I am not keen on staying at a job forever either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!

    Firstly, it's cool that you change things up. Keeps it interesting. Plus I've known you for a minute and I know that your don't just leave a job because you are bored. You find better, you change your zip code, you have found yourself in a sticky situation with your boss, Never just because. And if you didn't change your hair, I'd hit ya. You're fun and spunky and so should your hair.

    Secondly, I want to drift! I want to go live in a grass shack in Napal and wear bright colored robes and ride an elephant! Let's do that! Ireland and Amsterdam are also must visit countries, if only for the men.

    Now Rian, if you dont want to be poopping in a hole in the ground, I'd suggest finding a million or so dollars before embarking, but I'd totally be okay with poopping in holes and eating flies and rice for every meal for a few years.

    I know for a fact that you are going to find someone that will make you want to be where ever they are and what's best is it'll be someone that deserves you and treats you right. I know the wait is gay, but keep hanging on. Its-a-coming. <3

    ReplyDelete