Tuesday, August 11, 2009

When a Dog bites.. When a Bee stings


Because of my resent and pesky funk I have emerged into, I have decided to make a list of all the little things that make me smile. I thought that this may help transcend me into my usual partially positive, life~isn’t~so~bad~a~tude. Here It goes.
*COUGH COUGH*
Clean, fresh, smell-good, downy soft sheets.
Gerber Daisy’s.
My Boyfriends laugh.
My Grandfather’s jokes.
My Grandmothers eye rolls at my Grandfathers jokes
Rainy days and nowhere to go
My little sisters homemade Oreo cookies
I dream of Jeanie and The Brady Bunch Re runs.
A fresh homemade watermelon kamikaze with good friends.
Tomato Sandwiches. With toasted wheat bread, Fresh Basil, salt & pepper and cream cheese.
A brand new pair of socks. Straight from the package.
A good-morning, good afternoon, or hello beautiful text message. ( I reckon it can say anything as long as Beautiful follows)
The song “Little ways” by Dwight Yoakam.
Genuineness( If its not a word, It is Now! )
Eric's kisses.Any kiss but I especially love the ones he gives me only every once in awhile where he closes his eyes and gives me multiple smooches all in a row on the mouth, cheek, forehead and head.
Clementine’s purr
Polaroids.
Little teeny tiny figurines.
The smell of patchouli oil. ( Yes, I shave my armpits!)
Any song by the Judds.
Old Photos of my Mother.
My Great Grandmothers patchwork quilt.
Pimento Cheese Sandwiches and Beanie Weenies.
Puppy Dogs.
A cigarette after an ice cold beer along side good conversation
The way my Father smells.
A blackberry swirled soft serve ice cream cone from Warrens.
A package with my name on it.
Ducks crossing the road all in a row.
Being woke up by sunlight flooding into a room.
A brand new outfit.
Steve Miller Bands lyric “ I really love your peaches wanna shake your tree”
A new hair-do
The smell of Pine trees
The airport. There you can find people at their truest moments. There is nothing better than people watching in an airport.
Dancing to Elvis
My 1970’s orange, brown and green chair. It rocks. Literally.
Experiencing goosebumps
Haunted houses ( after I get done crying )
Experiencing goosebumps on my heart ( I have only experienced this while at church watching Eric play his drums and while in the mountains talking about God with my Dad)
Facials
Butterflies ( Real and Figurative )
Old movies. The classics. ( Like..Goonies, Wild Hearts Can’t be broken, Steel Magnolias, Legend, Babes in Toyland, Labyrinth, The Princess Bride, The man in the moon, Fried Green Tomatoes, The never Ending Story, Dirty Dancing and Ghost)
The big, hairy, almost heart shaped Red monster from the old Looney Tunes. ( You know what I am talking about, teenage girls rat there hair nowadays almost exactly like this guy)
Boating ( With Dramamine in hand )
Playing like a child ( My boyfriend and I do this often)
Crying a good cry.. like the one when my Baby Nephew was born
Playing dress up
Entertaining
Seeing an elderly couple hold hands
Little drink umbrellas
New soap
My Meme’s mashed potatoes and fried green tomatoes.
Chicago dogs and Big League chew at a baseball game
Cotton Candy Bubbalicious bubble gum
Cupcakes
A cozy cotton hoody
Lightning storms
Monte Cristo
Rottweilers
The song 'Brown Eyed girl'
The memory of Eric and I's first date " Welp.. See ya later"
A bottle of Beaujolais out of dixie cups
Windows down with my feet on the dashboard
Fun Dip
Bouncy balls
When people read what I write and like it.
To name a few and in no particular order…
Holy Moly.. It worked!

1 comment:

  1. That is a good idea! It is nice to list some of the things that make you happy! I actually quite enjoyed it, I got to know even more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete