Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Selection.. A girls best friend?


For the last couple months my friends have been teasing me about resembling Page Davis. My Friend Dave tried making me feel better by insisting her peppiness was hot. Every time a RC Willey commercial comes on I cringe. Because, If I am THAT Perky peppy then I have some serious remodeling of my own persona to do. And I sure as hell won't be calling Ms home improvement for help on my restoration.
I fail to see any resemblance whatsoever at all. Besides the fact that we both have eyeballs, hair, teeth and a forehead. Not to mention I couldn't remodel a home if my life depended on it. Home Depot has to be the most terrible place on the planet. The smell of saw dust, paint, plumbing and fertilizer in a place ran by lesbians and retired contractors who I swear have been trained to give the slowest customer service ever. Go in there and be prepared to spend 45 minutes just to buy a faucet. And decorating has never been my forte. I had a New Kids on the Block poster on my wall up until I was 20. So, I brushed it off thinking my friends drink too frequently.
Then.. in the last 2 weeks I have been told by total complete strangers that I look like Ms trading spaces, huge savings, peppy-make-me-throw-up, happy-go-lucky I wanna smack her with a sofa Rc willey Chick.
*Barf*
I have no idea why I take such offense to this comparison. But, if I hear it one more time.. so help me god!!!!
Word to the wise. If you happen to agree with the uncanny resemblance between Page Davis and I.. I would highly suggest you keep it to yourself. Otherwise, you may end up with a lampshade stuck up where the sun don't shine.
I kind of want to spend my next Saturday at the home furnishings store standing in front of the billboard next to the entrance, eating a free hot dog, taking a poll and smearing pickle relish on anyone who concurs.
Your home your way. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well I dont see it! But okay!! At least they arent calling you Ellen anymore! ;) JK! And I agree with you.. she is quite gittery and cheerful.. too much for me!

    ReplyDelete