Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cold dead fish and Black goo hearts

This last weekend was good. The last few lately have been great. I will give them credit to the liberating breakthrough in which I am accomplishing. Breaking the serial monogamist cycle.
Friday My dear friend steph and I ventured up to park city to have dinner with my darling friend Tawni and her precious little baby Jocelyn. We went to the restaurant Tawni works at for a night of cold dead fish and catching up.
The Sushi was horrid. Maybe it was the fact that whilst trying to consume it I was sitting up against a huge aquarium filled with fish, brine shrimp, snails and sea horses watching me eat their late uncle fishsticks. It felt wrong. Very very wrong.
If ever I go out for a steak dinner and am sat next to a herd of cattle I will defiantly be asking for another table. Im sorry, but that is not creating an atmosphere unless you are trying to push veganism.
Weird.
But The company was awesome. I still can't believe my Tawni is a mommy. And she is such a fantastic one. I admire this woman. She takes life and all it throws at her with such grace and ease. She makes it all look so easy. (Just don't ask her to make an open face sandwich)
And Steph was hilarious as ever. We spotted a snail that resembled a woman's hoo-hoo, met a couple brit's with sparkly loafers, serenaded the baby to 'baby got back' and the whole way home we did terrible impersonations and bad accents.

Photo documentation







This is Jocelyn Dawn. She is the most beautiful baby I have ever had the pleasure of holding. She is looking like her mother more and more every day.


This is Tawni. She looks nothing like a woman who pushed a baby out of her. This girl made pregnancy and labor look like a breeze.






This is steph. You can't tell from this photograph but this woman can do an uncanny Australian drawl.



Saturday I Worked. I re did 273 accidents after self teaching myself how to do them correctly. What can I say? I save the world one accident report at a time even if it takes me a minute.
Then, Krisi and I painted the town red whilst drinking beer, eating calamari, hummus, shots of kamikazees and dancing to cotton eyed joe.
Sunday I relived those things that I hate deep down in your belly that cause uncontrollable giggles and blushing just minus the hot dogged hamburgers, 1930's country jams and 310 to Yuma. But, I still enjoyed myself. *Blushes*... A lot.
It's Wednesday. Since then I have saved the world with more reports, watched a lot of T.V. and a few films, ate a whole lot of junk food, visited with friends,cleaned my house and went grocery shopping for more junk food, but.. My telephone hasn't rang with that boy on the other end. I would be lying if I said I wasn't bummed. *Hangs head*
But it's no big. I don't care. I'll get over it. I already knew Boys have cold black goo hearts.. I guess all creatures from venus do.
Besides, I got my Girls and my Cat and RedBox and tons of books I have yet to read. And if the nights get really lonesome I could always do yoga. (The grocery stores would have to be all out of pizza's, Cheetos, blue moon and sour patch watermelons in order for this to happen.)
Point is: I am happy. Even all alone all by myself.. I am perfectly happy.
Thats all, for now.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you totally down played the horrid accents. I cant believe we've actually busted them out in public! Tawni's kid was so stinkin cute even if she does have a problem that only prunes will cure. I am happy I got to go up and meet her and feel the sting of disapproving fish glare. The freaking sea horse got sucked up in the motor and had to be put underneath so it can heal. If that doesn't say something about the lil doods living conditions, I don't know what will. And that snail totally looked like a gine. Maybe someone should tell the owner that sitting next to fish that look like whoo-ha's is probally not the best way to sell fish. And sushi is raw. Thanks for letting me be your bitch for the evening. Can't wait for it to be your turn!

    Saturday night we drink to not hearing the word "frisky" (BARF!!!) and to the hot PC boy waiting for your number. I swear on my air mattress, if you dont give out your number, I will. Swear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what is up with these faces I pull in pictures? Just once I'd love to see one that I'm not pulling some strange face. I really think people must look at them and wonder if I have half the downs or something... "That girl doesn't look right.." I can just hear it now.

    NO I'M NOT A RETARD! I JUST DON'T PHOTOGRAPH WELL.

    ReplyDelete