Sunday, January 25, 2009

All we needed were some red balloons

This weekend we celebrated. It was a much needed, long over due celebration.
We danced our hearts out to a retro reggae jazz band in the heart of park city.
We drank an overabundance of alcohol out of shot glasses glued to a ski.
We learned that Republicans do not take loss's well and blame all the worlds problems on Liberals. Also, Did you know that Republicans have money and that's why they would never be caught dead eating at a Taco Bell? I must say, I was surprised. I thought Taco bell used water boarding to kill their cows and get their meat. Allow me to explain..
This girl who came to the party for only a short time announced proudly that she was a Republican not to ever be confused with a Liberal within in the first 34 seconds of entering the doorway. I found this a bit presumptuous and as the minutes went on I found her to be quite the ostentatious little bitch. Evidently, I made a disconcerting face when she ever so loudly and randomly made her political comment. She waltzed right over to me and asked " You must be a liberal?!" I took a sip from my beer and said " Sure am." then the words " I'm sorry" Translated into ' You poor pathetic soul' slurred from her chapped, dry, crackling lips. (The conditions of her lips really hold no relevance to this story at all. I just wanted to recommend some blistex to the bitch.) I simply smirked and said " Don't be.. the elections over. We won!" She then let out this strange chuckle that sounded much like I would imagine an elephant would sound had it just been kicked in the ass by a Donkey.
Then for the next 20 minutes she kept telling everyone I hated her. When all I really wanted to do was stick my Obama sticker over her mouth and chuck tubes of carmex at her til she left.
I was also scorned by a Hippie. We were waiting for our ride outside. Please note that it was snowing. And we were in the Mountains. In January. When these women walk by dressed in mini skirts and high heels. Me, Being, well.. Me. Made a slightly sarcastic remark about maybe passing the word along that it is 14 degrees outside!! And this women snarled at me saying I should just 'Let it be' ' Do not judge it's cool maaan like bein who they are and stuff' I felt like I was inside a Beetle song. But, coming from a woman who's dread locks smelled like an ancient woolly mammoth's hide and was as chiefed as chong himself I chose to by-pass the moment.
However.. it did make me realize that other women really don't care for me all that much.
Anyway, Back to the fun.
We were suppose to ride in a stretch escalade to Main Street but there must have been a mix up at the cab service because waiting outside was not a stretch anything.. but yet a large over sized white van named "snowflake".
The ride in our very own special short bus was fun. Me, Krisi, Tawni and 7 strange ski bums from Boston all jamming out to 3 doors down. Priceless.
We ate deliciously greasy pizza and gave out fake phone numbers.
The night was a huge success of fun and we painted that cold pretentious town all sorts of hues of red!
"It's all over, and I'm standing pretty In the dust that was a city I could find a souvenir Just to prove the world was here Here it is, a red balloon I think of you and let it go"
Thank you friends for another night of wonderfully fun memories I'll never forget.
Happy Birthday Tawni.

Ps.. It snowed. And those huge hunks of rubber I recently purchase were the best $400 bucks ever spent. My little car got up the hills lickity split. I'm so proud.




2 comments:

  1. I never understand the mini-skirt in 14 degree mentality, either. But man, you got dissed by a hippie! I'm glad you had a great time.

    BTW, She then let out this strange chuckle that sounded much like I would imagine an elephant would sound had it just been kicked in the ass by a Donkey is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing was.. when it was snowing the other day I knew you would be happy cause that meant that you actually could use those tires! Glad to hear it was worth the money!
    As for your weekend! Sounded like a great time!! I always enjoy hearing your stories.. they are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete