Friday, December 12, 2008

Not my first, Not my Last.

I had a blog prior to this one. My lack of patience and lack of understanding on how this site works led to it's deletion. Maybe this go-around I'll have some better luck.

The name's Rian. pronounced 'Ryan'. Yes, like a boy. My Mother was confused. I am a 26 year old dreamer who has not a clue where I am going or what I am doing. There are days when I consider going back to school to become a journalist, travel around the world reporting stories of truth or publish a book about the eccentrically exciting dramatically entertaining life I have lead. From family to Boys to jobs to cats to friends to mashed potatoes, my life never seems to settle down. Other days, I think about medical assisting or radiology. That usually lasts only a day or two until reality hits me and I remember that I lack that little thing called compassion. About once a month I consider packing up a backpack, heading to the airport, closing my eyes and point on a map and just go.. be a professional nomad. And as much as I want to, I am far too high strung to do a thing like that. I plan out what socks I'm going to wear tomorrow for god's sake. And then there are the days where I am completely content being a clerk for my local Police Department. After all, that is as close as Im going to get to my childhood dreams of taking down the bad guys that break up families with drugs and reading the Miranda rights to my imaginary friends. Someone should have clued me in on the fact that people poop when they die and bad guys do get away and people actually expect you to do something about their neighbors wind chimes being too noisy.
I live with Dad. My incredibly awesome Dad. And my cat Clementine. Both of whom keep me sane.
I work at the PD and at a local little eatery serving Ogden's finest.
I keep the company of the most terrific people on earth.
I like an occasional bloody mary and/or a dirty martini
I have a shopping problem.
Laughing with friends is probably my favorite pass time.
I am single. I am happy with that.
That's all
For now.

3 comments:

  1. Well so far my darling it is pretty fantastic! Keep writing, I'll keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a funny girl Ri. Favorite part is the nomad bit. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete